Monday, December 3, 2007

coming soon: My Robot Friend

"I let you get inside my heart but you just pass me by"

A colleague asked me the other day, "Where can I get my robot fix now that Daft Punk is done touring?" Well my dear androphiles (made up word?), NYC's own My Robot Friend is here to the rescue (or will be at least, in early-mid 2008). My Robot Friend, aka Howard Rigberg (aka Howard Robot), is near completion on Robot High School, his follow-up to 2006's Dial 0, which featured a cover of Blondie's classic "Rapture" (video found here) as well as the suburb "One More Try" featurng Antony of Antony and the Johnsons (audio below).

According to the official website, My Robot Friend has 8 tracks already in the bag, including the title song "Robot High School" (video below) and tracks like "The Last Time I Did Acid I Went Insane." My Robot Friend is known for his live shows, where he "performs in an elaborate, personally designed light-up suit while interacting with illuminated objects, wireless video cameras, pyrotechnics, and other odd home-made props." The suit includes a penis that shoots out flames of course.

For music video fans the video for "Robot High School" (below) is a must.

For all things robot check out:
My Robot Friend Official Web Site
Robot High School official website
Myspace Page
VIRB Page

My Robot Friend - One More Try (feat Antony) [from 2006's Dial 0]

No comments: