Monday, June 9, 2008

new: Dr. Dog

"I'm Never Going Back To My Old Ways Again"
We reported on the new Dr. Dog record Fate (7/22/08 via Park the Van) a little while back, but now that we've had a few proper listens we're really excited about Fate. Not only is it another solid set of the neo-nostalgic pop tunes from Philly's finest interpretors, but its a massive step forward for a band that refuses to be pigeonholed by revivalist stereotypes. Dream inducing harmonies, gorgeous hooks and all the Beatles/ Beach Boys/ Band comparisons you'd expect from Dr. Dog not only make Fate a damn good record, but cement Dr. Dog as one of the best bands going. For my money, I'm not sure there is another band that has consistently made me so happy to be alive as Dr. Dog does. Nothing pretentious, just the sort of good time pop music that goes well with laying on the floor, smoking a joint and getting lost in the music. I have a feeling this is going to be one of my most played albums of the summer (along with The Hold Steady's Stay Positive, which has already received summer classic status on my iPod). Below is one of my favorites from Fate. Peep Dr. Dog's MySpace for tour dates through November!

Dr. Dog- 100 Years


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just found this blog and it seems really good...i like your taste in music a lot.

if you want, check out our blog: prettymuchamazing.com